O'Maley Middle School's purpose is to educate all students so that they may achieve high standards of academic performance. As educators, students and parents, we collaborate to create a respectful, safe, and inclusive culture in which we feel empowered to develop our intellectual skills and to think critically.
O'Maley Middle School supports educational and social endeavors that cultivate self-awareness, tolerance, and responsibility for one's actions and promote a positive environment within the school and in the greater Gloucester community.
Cyberbullying Research Center
Bullying Prevention Resources
Eyes on Bullying
- The Center provides updated information about the nature extent causes and consequences of cyberbullying. Its website offers resources from worksheets to discussion guides.
Massachusetts Agression Reduction Center
- Information, strategies, and activities for addressing bullying.
- Parent resources for working with schools about bullying, understanding Facebook and social networking sites, and addressing cyberbullying.
Myths and facts about bullying
- Myths and facts about bullies and victims as well as additional resources.
National Youth Violence Prevention
- Bullying facts and statistics
Ryan Halligan’s Story
- The tragic story of a teen who was a victim of bullying. This site also has multiple resource links.
Bullying Beyond the Schoolyard: by Sameer Hindjuda and Justin Patchin
Bullying at School: by Dan Olweus
Say Something: by Peggy Moss
Why is Everybody Always Picking on Me?: By Terrence Webster-Doyle